Thank you for your interest in volunteering for The Youth Court of the District of Columbia! This is a great opportunity for youth to learn about the justice system, develop character and earn community service hours.
Your participation requires a commitment to not only to Youth Court, but also your parents, school and your peers. This commitment includes:
- Attending Youth Court Hearings at the scheduled time and location
- Attending training sessions
- Demonstrating the ability to treat each case impartially, with objectivity and without prejudice
- Maintaining absolute confidentiality
- Participating for at minimum of six (6) months
- Maintaining a C average or better
- Accepting personal responsibility for actions while serving as a Youth Court volunteer
- Dressing appropriately at all times
Adults are also welcome to join our volunteer team! A minimum of six (6) months is required.
Please complete the volunteer form below. A team member will contact you via email to confirm receipt of your volunteer application. Thank you!